Not the heroes we thought we needed but the heroes we really needed all along
- me: I want a movie where the villain wins
- dr. horrible:
- me: no
- me: not like this
She started to talk to him about his interests and her kidnapper began to view her as a person he could trust. Eventually, he declared that he was in love with her. After 10 days of captivity, he allowed Elizabeth to borrow his cell phone to play games on it. Naturally, when he left, she used it to call her mother.
This is actually a smart thing to do. If you are ever kidnapped, you should try to humanize yourself & get close to your captors. Do not challenge them, rather try to show them that you are worthy of their respect. If you speak the same language, try to talk with them and exchange information. Learn about them and let them learn about you. Try to relate to them. Family could be a safe topic depending on the situation. If they see you as a person, your quality of life as a captive and your probability of survival go way up. This creates the reverse-Stockholm Syndrome on them in which they can express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings towards you. Now you might have the opportunity to escape like the girl above did!
my roommate is 2 days younger than me so i’ve gotten into the habit of saying “when i was your age..” and then describing what i did 2 days ago
- Tumblr: Racism is horrible!
- user: yeah! it is!
- tumblr: POC are mistreated!
- user: yeah! it's so horrible!
- tumblr: White people are horrible!
- user: YEA- wait.....
- tumblr: I HATE WHITE PEOPLE
- user: wait what
- tumblr: THEY ALL SUCK
- user: i.......uh..
- tumblr: Women are important.
- user: oh! yes! they are!
- tumblr: no matter what shape size or color!
- user: yeah! youre all wonderful and great!
- tumblr: men are pigs!
- user: wait.......
- tumblr: WE SHOULD TREAT THEM ALL LIKE IDIOTS
- user: but-
- tumblr: THEYRE ALL THE SAME.
- user: but wait-
- tumblr: Trans people are mistreated....
- user: yeah...they are....
- tumblr: its sick how people hurt them
- user: that is sick. There's nothing wrong with trans people.
- tumblr: Cis people are all horrible killers
- user: but...but they're-
- tumblr: fucking cis scum
- user: you know....i dont feel comfortable with this
- tumblr: what do you mean
- user: well you're kind of bullying people-
- tumblr: ITS NOT BULLYING
- user: but-
- tumblr: WE HAVE TO BE OPRESSED EVERY DAY. SO WE'RE ALLOWED TO CALL YOU NAMES
- user: i dont think that's how that works-
- tumblr: OOOOOOH YOU POOR OPRESSED WHITE CIS PERSON! YOU HAVE IT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!
- user: thats not what i meant-
- tumblr: DID WE HURT YOUR POOR LITTLE BABY FEELINGS
- user: you're insulting-
- tumblr: YOU DONT GET AN OPINION
- user: .............
- tumblr: by the way we love everybody! never bully! no hate! loving community! :)
A woman sitting by herself is not waiting for you.
Caitlin Stasey (via katelouisepowell)
birdrib - Attached at the Hip